Friday, August 31, 2007

What's That Bug

Website called "What's That Bug?"
I"ve finally identified a bug I've been wondering about for 40 years. I saw it at my Aunt's house in Rawlings, Wyoming. It was red and yellow and half squished, and I thought, at the time, that it looked a lot like the plastic bugs from the old Cootie game. My Dad said he thought it was some sort of scorpion and it looks like he was right, it's in the same family and is called, among other things, a Wind Scorpion and a Sun Spider. Unfortunately, I don't have my own photo of it but there is one here on the "What's That Bug" site.
http://www.whatsthatbug.com/solpugids.html
Great website with lots of photos of "bugs"
I also found a big, but very cool, green bug

on the ceiling that looked like a leaf last week
and it seems that it's a katydid.

Labels: , , ,

Who links to me?
Who links to me?