Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Word Play

Dammit, I can think of all sorts of things to write about when I'm lying in bed, and even get a good start on putting the words together, but by the time I get here to my blog, it's all gone.
Oh well, here are some more websites that I rescued off of my old computer.

This is kind of a cool site called Word Play. It takes awhile to load but it's very well designed. You just have to move the mouse around until you figure out how to make it work.

And then there is:
The Military Application of Silly String
Short story found via BoingBoing on how one soldier uses silly string to find booby traps in house to house fighting by spraying it ahead of himself and noting where it drapes itself over the trip wires. . Interesting. http://www.cockeyed.com/citizen/silly/silly.html So that article is missing so I found this link about a mother who finally found a shipper who could ship several thousand cans of this over to her serviceman son. You'd think the military would just start supplying it if it's that useful.
http://news.aol.com/story/ar/_a/soldiers-mom-finds-silly-string-shipper/20071016091009990001

I was right, I have been forced onto the New Blogger and coerced into creating a Google account, but it's OK so far.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
Who links to me?