Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Tessellations & M.C. Echer

Found this site (tessellations.org) recommended in this thread on AskMeFi. It's on tessellations and how to make them. Tessellations are those drawings that M.C. Echer did, the ones with the repeating patterns.Here is a blurb from the site recommending a book on it.
"...One book I would recommend above all others was written by a quilt designer and not a mathematician. She began at the beginning and investigated it all from scratch. As such, it is easy to understand and full of diagrams and lavish illustrations - 'Designing Tessellations' by Jinny Beyer (ISBN 0-8092-2866-1)"
I've ordered it at the library but I think I may try it this weekend from the instructions on the website.

1 Comments:

At 01 June, 2007 22:13, Blogger jilan said...

I was looking for information on Tesselations for the art class I am currently teaching and ran across your blog...thoroughly enjoyed reading it and thanks for the info (and the great pictures of the pooches on the couch!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?
Who links to me?